Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Milano-Our New Casa


Well, here it is....Our new home.
We really like our flat. It has surprisingly big rooms complete with lofts (which we sleep on) The bathroom is also quit roomy and nice. The only drawbacks are the smell I guess but sometimes I get a wif of my Grammamas house and I find that comforting. And the kitchen is small and there is no living room...but hey I am not about to complain. The location is great. We are right by a Carfour express, Food, Pastry shops, Farmacia, AND the metro. Its really easy to get everywhere around here. Here are some photos of our flat..or just our bedroom rather.




The other couple finally arrived so we have friends now...YIPPEE! We went out on the town with them the day before classes started. The D'uomo is sureal. Its absolutely stunning. I LOVE Milano. The area is rich so its super classy everywhere.
*sidenote* - Apparently the desecration of the beloved D'uomo is a common thing occurrence here because as we went in for lunch we witnessed one group...and as we came out we witnessed the other.

The crazies...




We also went into the gallerie with the shops that I will never be able to afford. We of course took turns spinning on the (very small but still existent) bulls balls. ( A tradition in Milan to bring you good luck)


We had a great time exploring even though it was freezing and wet. We have yet to experience a sunny day here but I still love it

2 comments:

  1. So fun to see everything!!! Keep taking photos!
    I think that the loft is a great idea because
    it really frees up the rest of the room. Do you share
    The bathroom and kitchen with the other couple?
    I am so glad you get to go to school with Garrett
    During the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohh MY!!! How JEALOUS am I RIGHT NOW!!!?? These r great pics I cant wait to see more!!!!!!! thanks for reading my rambling post hahahah it entertained me for a while. P.s. you arent one of my followers I noticed.. why is this? dont u know Im tryin to get 10!? hahahh IM SHOOTIN HIGH!!

    ReplyDelete