
Growing up my Grandmama used to have a quote hanging in her kitchen. It read, " the best things in life aren't things."
I LOVE my family! I know everyone thinks that they have the best family, but I really do have the best family for me. I know I am beyond behind in my blogging but we have been busy since coming back home and I really haven't had time to post yet. Since being home I have spent a lot of time with my mother in law as well as getting to go back to TN and spending time with my moms family. Having been blessed with the opportunity to travel and see all the beautiful places heavenly father made, family is by far the most beautiful. There is no greater feeling in the world then sitting in a room with family and being able to feel an overwhelming amount of love.
From an anthropological standpoint my family is communal. Your cousins are like your brothers and sisters and your aunts and uncles are like parents. We all take care of each other and love one another the same. I love it. Sitting with my aunts, uncles, cousins, grandma, and grandpa you can feel the love we all have for one another. Its overwhelming and undeniable.I love it. Nothing, absolutely NOTHING makes me more happy than being with my family. I feel so blessed in every aspect of my family life. I was born into the best family and I was blessed with equally wonderful in laws.
This weekend we celebrated my cousin Grant's graduation. I can NOT believe how big he is now. It makes me feel a little old and a little sad. I just want them all to stay little forever. My baby cousin Cade is 3 and I kept remembering when Grant and Tyler were that little. Nothing melts my heart more than a sweet little child, especially one who lays with me in bed and wraps their little arm around my neck and says, "I love you so much." Oh my heart. After he laid with me for a little while he got up to go lay with his mommy, before he closed the door he said, " Are you gonna be okay?" I told him yes, I was just gonna be lonely. My sweet little cousin smiled and said, hold on ill get you my George. He ran into his bed room and brought me his Curious George doll and said." Here Meagan, George can sleep with you tonight." He then turned to his monkey and said," You stay with Meagan George and don't let her be lonely." Oh my Cade, you make it so hard to wait to have babies.
How grateful I am for the gospel. I makes me so happy to know that I can live with my family forever.I often think of that sweet quote my Grandmama had hung...its so true. Family is the greatest thing in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment