Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas at the Biltmore

We decided to take a weekend trip to Asheville NC to visit America's largest home. It also happens to be the perfect spot to get in the mood for Christmas. I loved everything about this quaint little mountain town. And of course, it wouldn't be fun without our faithful travel companions. Unfortunately for the boys, this place was jam packed full of shopping, and good shopping too! It looked like Christmas in the back of car after the first day.

Here are some pics from the historical area. I really loved this part, it reminded me of an old German town.

MMmmm this charming store got me into a bit of trouble ;)

We had brunch here...oh and so did the president when he was here recently


Okay so here is the Biltmore, this massive beast is built on over 4,000 acres of land. yesh, I know. Did you also know that this was the house from Richie Rich???? yup. Crazy extravagant, its a little ridiculous what some people choose to spend their monies on but whatever.



It had spectacular views!

As good as this monstrosity looked in the day, it looked even sicker at night

The next day we hit up an awesome National Gingerbread competition, seriously, it blew.my.mind. It was held at the most gorgeous mountain resort I have ever seen. I think I may start saving up for next Christmas to stay there.



Penguin Face!

This is why we go on trips with them...Love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment