What is brain day?...you might ask. Well allow me explain. A few years ago when Garrett and I started dating, we were discussing Valentines and how we really don't understand why the heart is the symbol. I mean after all, you emotions come from your brain. Anyway, that year I "brain" attacked his apt. Ever since then it has been happy Brain day!
Ours was especially magical this year. To be honest, I am not huge into in, I mean what is most important to me is that we just spend time together. Not drop 60 bucks on a fancy dinner or blow 50 bucks on some flowers. Just spend the whole day doting on each other and being extra special sweet.
This year, I wanted to take the night part, I mean I feel like on brain day it always seems to be about the girl and what she got. Well, GB gives to me every single day, so I wanted to treat him this year.
GB canceled all his stuff for the day (class, work) and gave all that precious time to me :) It was great! I really miss him during the weed when he is either at school or glued to his computer. It gets pretty lonely. SOOO, the night before he mentioned wanting a second pup ( I know, second pup? how about a first baby?) We are workin on workin on it people. NE way, we found this awesome animal rescue barn that has a bijillion dogs (and cats) BONUS: you can hold and play with ALL of them! Unlike the lame pet stores, these people encourage you to hold all the animals and take them to their awesome fenced in play area. We had a BLIZAST! We were there about 2 and a half hours loving on all the sweet little bubbies. Alas, none of them really felt like "the one". We do have to consider Chaunce and his very picky personality. It was still fun, even though we came home empty handed. We then went to lunch, at Ruby Tuesday...mmmm my favorite salad bar! It was so great to just spend the whole day together laughing and just being us.
That night while GB was playing racquetball (I needed him gone) I set up the living room. I had been working on a movie of "us" for about a month now. I went out and got his favorite dessert Molton lava cake! Whenever we go to Chilli's I (selfishly) always beg for the chocolate chip paradise, and she ALWAYS lets me get that instead of what he wants. I also had been sneakingly working on a DVD of our "story", from the time we started dating until the time we got engaged. I set it up and placed candles all around our coffee table. I thought he could use a little extra love today. He was so surprised when he saw the set up. I was extra proud of the pom pom's I made :) I was so glad I could make him so happy and feel so loved the way he makes me feel every. single. day.
V-day was awesome! Hope yours was too!!
No comments:
Post a Comment