We arrived at 1030 am. We walked around Time Square, ate lunch, stood in line for Mary Poppins show tickets, got Jamba, walked around China Town and Little Italy, shopped, got me a cupcake, ate dinner at Shanghai Hut, and saw Mary Poppins.....GREAT day!!
The Shanghai Hut we ate at in Chinatown was flippen delish! We knew it had to be good when the only people eating there were locals!
The Marry Poppins set was incredible!! The show was extremely different from the movie, which bothered me a bit..but the songs and dancing totally made up for it!
PS, did you know its pretty much impossible to catch a cab after shows?! After very unsuccessful attempt at the metro, we then had numerous unsuccessful attempts at getting a cab. Try 6 at the metro, we got it right...except when we got off, there was no bus stop and we had landed in the middle of sketchville....after another terrifying 20 minutes in the freezing cold and rain, we FINALLY hailed a cab! Doesn't really sound bad at all as I type it, but trust me....it was anything but fun. Note to us, don't ever get a hotel in Queens when all you want to see is Manhattan. Its okay, Day 1 was fabulous and Day would be just as great.
Day 2 was FREEEEEEZING!...also very wet. Having been living in 80 degree weather the past month, I had completely forgotten what 50 degree weather felt like and did NOT pack accordingly :( Oh well, it was still a great day. We hit up the Met and walked around for a few hours and ate lunch at a street vendor..cheap, just the way my GB likes it ;) After the Met we walked around central park, which, by the way is awesome. I wish the weather was a tad bit nicer...but oh well. After some touring of the upper West Side, we stopped at Garrett's aunts apartment for some dinner. We ended the night early after walking around time square and checking out the Maceys Flower Walk. WOW is all I have to say, it was BEAUTIFUL! The theme was Brazil and the flowers were all real. Incredible. This time we snagged a cab before all the shows let out...we were not taking any chances tonight. Unfortunately, our driver had NO clue where he was going and got completely lost..oh yes, this is New York so you better believe he charged us. We eventually made it back...after nearly throwing up all in his car from car sickness.
The Met:I was only wearing about 5 layers
The Met had mideval armor! SO very cool
And of course I just LOVED the Egyptian Area...esp. the sweet real life ancient temple shipped in all the way from Egypt!
The Fabulous Flower Walk
Day 3, the last and final day...here is where the good stuff is..:)
We won't even go into trying to get from our hotel to Garrett's aunts to drop off our luggage. Lets just pretend we woke up and poof we were at Caesars Palace pizza eating a delicious lunch :)
After lunch, we went to...dum dum dum....The Museum of Natural History! A personal Favorite for me :)
And a poor picture of us in front of the blue whale...poor fella wasn't sure how to work our camera.
Before we began our long long trek to the airport we stopped at the Doughnut Plant...pretty pretty pretty good :)
Happy to be home now thats for sure...New York is great to visit but I don't think I would want to live there. I missed the warmth, both in weather and in human compassion. However, I did LOVE the lights and the food and all the walking. Great little weekend :)
No comments:
Post a Comment