Man this week has been SO crazy emotional. So much has been going on in our lives. Good, bad, and just plan crazy. Before I get to the heavies, I want to touch on something that has been really close to my heart lately. .....Garrett.
I can not express how much I love this man! Honestly, I am so in love with him. I mean seriously, look at him..how could I not be???
Right?! mmmmm delicious.
We are approaching our 3 year anniversary and I can't believe it. Not because it I am thinking, "man where did the time go?" but because I honestly can not believe we have only married three years/together for 5. I feel like.."really? that's all?" and I mean that in the best possible way. When I think about it, I feel like we have just been together forever. I seriously don't know how I had a life without him. We have been apart almost two weeks now and it SUCKS! He called me today and said something that made me cry when I got off the phone. He said, " We just don't function well apart, its like we have such a tight relationship that we are each others halves, and when we are apart its like half of us is gone." I hadn't really thought about it that way before but it really is SO true. I really feel that way. He is my stronger, better half. It really is so difficult to be apart because it is like the very best, most important part of me is just gone. It's barely bearable. I spent most of my sick day yesterday going through all our old photos and videos since I missed him so much. We have had so much fun together. I have loved all of our adventures. I have so much fun with him. My little play buddy :) I am so thankful for all the travel we have been able to do so far. I have seen/traveled the world with my best friend, not many people can say that and I am eternally grateful for it.
I have been thinking about my life a whole lot lately and how incredibly lucky and blessed I am. I have mounds and mounds of gratitude for my father in heaven. I am blessed beyond what anyone deserves. I really love my husband so very much. He is without a doubt the most gloriously amazing, most happiest thing to ever happen to me. Garrett is a dream, he is so patient and understanding with me. He is the very best listener and gives the most marvelous huggles (very intense huggle/snuggle). Not to mention his mind blowingly good looks. He has been the most wonderful, faithful companion and I honestly could not have dreamed up a more perfect person for me. He was definitely worth all the heartache I had to go through to get to him :) Oh how I love him..(side note: he comes home in 4 hrs and 18 min) mmmmmm-ness. I can hardly stand it.
So yea happy happy things....with that all that being said, life has been interesting lately, to say the least. GB has some job opportunities in the pipe that we are hopeful and excited about. We will be moving from the wonderful Columbia October 15.... saddening but its time to move on...not sure where to yet...most likely back home to GA but only time will tell...so all that is crazy. I am a planner and I don't really like not being able to plan my living sitch, but hey, it is what it is.
Oh so the brick thing.....for the longest time I have felt like I have been walking around with this ginormous sack of bricks on my back. Yesterday, I set it down. Confused? .....its okay. Lets just say I found a place of forgiveness I wasn't sure I would ever be able to find, and worked through and healed from things that seemed impossible. As I have gone through this long and painful process I have noticed a few things about trials
1: being that whenever I go through them, I find my self growing so incredibly close to the lord, its almost like he is constantly sitting with me and I can just talk to him as I please with immediate updates.
2: When I get showered with loads of trials.....blessing soon follow. I always try to focus on that when I seem to get bombarded....kind of exciting ....like, "okay I can do this, bring it, lets get this over with and let the good times roll."
Gotta just keep swimming
I think I am almost at the end here ...I know this is vague but on one hand, this is the internet...even though this is just mostly for me and posterity sake, people do read it. Anyway, I as I wrote my emails of letting go or what have you, I could literally feel the Saviors arms around me...it was hands down the most liberating thing I have EVER experienced. I am so grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ. I have such a strong testimony of it. I believe firmly in the powers it has to heal our hearts. Without it I would be a sad, miserable girl.
What else what else???...hmmm...well I have an amazing thing in the works but I won't divulge that until its a for sure thing...so that's it I suppose
All in all life is good for us. We are going through some family ish, and not sure what the future holds, but our heads are up :)
Thursday, August 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
<3!
ReplyDelete