Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Growing Buds



I hope that later in life when my babies are no longer babies and they ask me about various "scars" from pregnancy, I smile and warmly tell them that they are love marks they left on mommy when I grew them.
I am not sure what I expected when I dreamed about being pregnant, or when I first became pregnant. In some ways, its exactly what I expected, and in others...not so much.

 In a lot of ways this pregnancy has been kicking my trash. I remember all the things friends and acquaintances warned me of and complained about. The back pain, the hemorrhoids, the crazy hormones, the nausea...yep had all of those fantastic little gems and then a few more. For me the anemia has been the hardest, I get bored easy and its hard to just rest and not do the million things to the house that I want to get done to "nest". Don't even get me started on the newly developed "gas pains". By the way ladies, a charlie horse feeling is not pre-term labor if its only on one side. (just to save you the embarrassment of a phone call) yea, thanks Bud B. I for sure have my moments when I start to get frustrated, but they don't last long.

All that being said,  I try really hard not to ever complain about all the lovely things that accompany growing a precious miniature human, or two in my case. I stop myself and think about all the women who would kill to feel sick and vomit their guts out at the mere thought of scrambled eggs. I know because not too long ago I was that girl, I try not to ever forget that. I think about the women who will never get to experience pregnancy and I am thankful. Several times a day I pull up my shirt and just stare at my bare belly in awe at the magic of it all. I love watching my belly get bigger and it think its the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I feel the babies get stronger with each passing day. I am already so proud of them. Not even born and they are already practicing every day to become a dancer/soccer player/ baseball player. Just kidding, actually, I am pretty sure they are trying to be UFC fighters. I don't care what it is, I love all their movements. It is the most amazing feeling to know there is life inside of me. I love all their little kicks and punches and whatever the heck is going on in there. I feel like this has been the biggest privilege of my life and I feel so honored to be their incubator/mom.

I am in love with life right now. I go to bed each night with a tickle in my heart and a smile on my face. I lie next to that one special person I get to annoy for the rest of forever, a sweet pup or two curled up to me, and babies kicking me good night. It makes all the yucky stuff I deal with through the day all worth it. When its all said in done, these are the gems of life. I couldn't ask for more out of life than this. I am in love with being pregnant, and while I am so excited to meet and hold my little buds, part of me wants to keep them in there forever. In my belly I know they are safe, I can feel their bodies and every now and then, I can feel their sweet little spirits too. I am soaking up every second of this tiny period in their lives. Its beautiful and magic and I am the happiest I have ever been.


No comments:

Post a Comment