Garrett and I went to Tulum Mexico for our honeymoon. It was amazing!!!! We stayed at the Dreams all inclusive resort, and it was incredible. We decided to not take a car and take the city bus since it was so much cheaper. The bus was actually not bad at all. It was more like a grey hound bus. We just had to make a few stops and switch buses but definitely worth it. That first day of arrival, we mostly spent traveling, which worked out perfect because it was raining all day anyway. When we finally arrived at our destination, we were amazed! From the moment we got there we were treated like royalty! When we first walked in they handed us cold hand towels to cool off and a glass of champagne (which of course we did not accept) We were then presented with 200 dollars in coupons to use on spa and wine, which we were able to trade in for a JUNIOR SUITE upgrade!! The room was gorgeous!! it was so elegant and classy and HUGE! We even had a jet tub in our insanely big bathroom. That first night we ate like kings. At this particular resort all room service is free!! All tips/gratuities were included. We totally took advantage! We also got all drinks free! We also got our choice of gourmet restaurants for free. We chose an Italian place the first night, They pulled out my chair and put a napkin on my lap...HEAVEN! I had the best salmon I have ever had in my LIFE! and it was served all super fancy with sauce designs on the plate! We then attended a Tonga party on the beach and had pina colada's!! MMMMMM
Our first full day was GORGEOUS! the beach was amazing. Our resort is secluded and not full. They had the most comfortable beach chairs and waiters who came around and took your order for drinks and snacks. We basically spent the first day relaxing on the beach, jumping off the ocean trampoline, Kayaking, and hanging out at the swim up bar….for mango Majito’s!
The second day, we rented a car for the day and went to the Tulum Ruins. The most beautiful thing I have ever seen! It was huge and mind blowing. It was also unbearably hot. I was dripping with sweat! And because it was the jungle, I got viscously attacked by skeeters. Of course, they did get theirs, shortly after mauling me, they would drown in my sweat and just stick to my leg. It was disgusting, to say the least and I will be honest it was kinda hard to enjoy because I was so miserable. BUT we did get to cool off at the beach below the ruins. Hands down the best beach in the world! Yes I am aware I have not been to all the beaches in the world, but how can you beat crystal clear, sky blue ocean, a white sandy beach, cliffs, AND MAYAN RUINS all in one place?? NO you can’t. I was celestial…seriously! Garrett and I could have died floating in that spot.
The rest of the vacation was spent at the resort, we originally wanted to go do some local activities, but decided the resort was amazing and wanted to take advantage of it, and use it at a more romantic, relaxing time, rather than a full blown vacation.
We took walks on the beach, had dinner at sunset on the beach, watched movies on the beach that the resort had set up on a projector, played beach volleyball and basked in the sun.
We seriously recommend this resort to everyone. They had optional activities planned from morning to night, excellent service, and even brought in different exotic animals everyday you could take pictures with. (I took one with a tucan!) Oh and the food was to die for!
aww after 24 hours, still so in love
This is what I ordered every night at 11 :)
These are the Tulum ruins we visited, notice the amazing beach below
Night beach walk
and we have the ceramic..Note* I am not creative, and I can barely color inside lines, let alone paint inside them. I had begged Garrett all week to paint this somewhat pricey, ceramic bowl and he finally let me! I was SOO proud of this thing. It was by FAR the best art I had ever painted..here is me SOO happy creating my masterpiece
Still So happy
And the finished product...little did I know then that in just a few short hours, Garrett would accidentally break my gorgeous masterpiece. :(
Umm I also left out the part where I was deathly ill and swore I had swine flew….I didn’t really…..and I will spare everyone the gruesome details, but other than that we had a perfect honeymoon!
Wow, sounds like you guys had a blast (besides you being sick - I'm sorry!). All-inclusive resorts are the way to go, and Tulum is BEAUTIFUL. Congratulations, you two!
ReplyDelete