
So I have officially been married exactly a week today. Weird, weird slash awesome. I just thought I would share my thought process the morning following my huge plunge into an everlasting eternal commitment....they were as follows
1: I have a new last name. So if I have a new last name, then that must mean
2: I am a married woman, if I am a married woman, then I have a husband
3: If I have a husband, he must be Garrett Bradham, if Garrett is in fact my husband, then...
4: ROBERT GARRETT BRADHAM IS MARRIED!!...If Garrett and I are both married then we are married to each other, then that must mean
5: We are no longer engaged..sing songs of praise!
We are married, not engaged but officially married, we belong to each other ....to infinity and beyond. Being engaged is a nightmare. Being married is wonderful. Differences???
1: He no longer has to drive me home at the end of the night
2: I don't sit and stress over wedding and he no longer has to exercise and insane nearly inhumanly amount of Patience.
3: I laugh now instead of cry
4: we don't fight!...okay fine, we fight over things like, who the real bed hog is, but does it count if you are laughing while you do it???
Also I should note that we are in love.....if you have a weak stomach and such talk disgusts you, please stop now. Otherwise, suck it up and continue. Anyway, like I was saying we are mushy in love. We have turned into one of those couples that kisses in public. Not the make out kiss, that is still gross. Just the sweet affectionate ones. Garrett tells me he loves me multiple times a day and at the most random times. Its wonderful and awesome and I love it. Garrett no longer annoys me. In fact some of the qualities that drove me to reconsider, are some of his adorable features that I now find sweet and endearing. ( just kidding about the reconsidering part by the way, I added that for dramatic affect ;) Anyway, when Garrett discovers something new he loves, he cant stop talking about it. The first day we got to really enjoy our amazing resort, he would not shut up. I mean every other thing he said involved how wonderful the resort was, the engaged me would have begged him to shut up already and get over it. The married me finds this adorable. Being married is awesome. I will be reporting all our wedding/honeymoon/reception adventures upon our arrival home. But that is it for now
Don't make fun of me but I got choked up reading this and seeing that picture of you two at the top. Also, it made me realize yet again, how much I MISS YOU. I'm so happy for you Meag. Text me your email and I will send you an invitation to our blog because it's private. I LOVE YOU!
ReplyDelete