Thursday, January 6, 2011

Roma


Well, its official...WE ARE HERE! Italia is awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome! I am in LOVE with this place! Europe has so many cool little features. Here are my favorite things about Italy so far
1: Gelatto
2: Walking (this is important because of number one, without walking my gelatto intake would have some SERIOUS consequences involving my hips)
3: The Language, I esp. enjoy hearing the little kids say ma'ma and pa'pa...so adorable
4: OLD-ness..haha everything here is so old, cobble stone streets everywhere and the buildings are just rich in history
5:Bathrooms- they are so nice here, granted you have to pay to use some of them but they are super nice
6:CANDY
7: Itallians-while they are incredibly inconsiderate when walking and driving..they are laid back and easy going. I just love the lifestyle here
8: Transportation- super easy to get around anywhere
9: Freedom from cell phone-while I really miss everyone back home and I do enjoy talking to them..I never knew how stressful it was having a cell phone was until I didn't have one
10: PUPPIES there are pups EVERYWHERE here...I mean EVERYWHERE. People bring them inside places here.

So far the only negative aspects I have encountered are just missing all the people I love and my beloved Chauncey. Tear. If only I could shrink all those I love and fit them in my pocket..then it would be heaven.



So far we have only been to Rome as we decided to tour instead of rest after our 10 hour flight that landed at 1 in the morning our time and 8 am Rome time. BAD idea...we payed the price for that one...we ended up resting a LOT and staying in Rome for 4 days. We visited the Vatican,Sistine Chapel,Coliseum, the Roman Forum, Piazza Navona, Treve Fountain, and a diversity of Gelatto stands. Roma was magnificent and mind blowing...seriously my mind was BLOWN! Off topic it also blew my mind how skinny EVERYONE is...I literally can count on ONE, SINGLE, SOLITARY hand the amount of over weight people I have seen. No wonder they think Americans are so dang lazy. If you can't tell by my list of favorite things...I have turned into a major oinker while here. I am not ashamed I am sure I will be able to walk off what I eat :) if not then ce la vie baby. Anyway we are home in Milan now :) Too dark to explore for now so that will be tomorrows task.



1 comment: