Pompeii!
This place was incredible. It blew my mind and I absolutely loved it. For those of you who don't know what Pompeii is, it is a city by Mt. Vesuvius. When Mt. Vesuvius erupted in 79 AD the ash spread down to this wicked city and smothered everyone to death. The ash preserved all of the city and remains into casts. These casts have now been dug up and preserved. Being that I am extremely passionate about anthropology, I was in heaven.
Once we passed the Colosseum, we entered into the main city, where a sweet man who worked there gave us a personal tour. We learned all kinds of cool history. He even took us to a closed of section that was being excavated and we were able to view the remains of a HORSE!!!! Oh bless you sweet man, bless you. This was an amazing day!!!!
These poor 3 families died while trying to escape their vineyard.
Around the City
This is where they keep all the artifacts that have yet to place. I would cut off my right arm to be able to go through all this stuff!
If you can't tell, I LOVED this place!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment