GB and I recently celebrated 4 years of marital magic. Our anniversary was on a Thursday so we planned to have a nice little dinner at home and then really celebrate on Saturday.
Thursday we headed up to Super H Asian market to snag our very favorite dinner. YAKI SOBA! mmmm
I made some cheesecake for dessert, we blew out candles, and watched a movie. It was a nice relaxing evening. Esp. since little buds keep me down most of the time :)
Saturday we made the short 30 minutes drive up to Dahlonega. It was such a great day. The weather was absolutely fabulous. We started the day sampling the goodies at the farmers market. I just love home grown goodies! These tomatoes were scrumptious!!!!
22 weeks here!
We strolled around old town and played with some puppies up for adoption. I of course fell in LOVE. I named him Dirk.
We walked around the square and got root beer out of bottles. One thing GB and I love to do in old time feel towns is antique shop. We even caused some mischief :) we like to stay young.
Ssshhh I price tagged my root beer bottle
We found this little hole in the wall with the most delicious BBQ! Bonus: it was also cheap. The had this delectable corn bread hash thing. I was able to re-create it at home...Happy happy gal!
After we stuffed our gourd we made our way to the gold mines. We took a tour and panned our own gold. yep, between the two of us...we have three little flakes. Looks like the babies are gonna be set for life.
We took the long, countryside drive home. It was glorious. We rolled down the windows, pulled back the sunroof and blasted the country music. It was a perfect way to end the day, beautiful view, great music and holding hands with my bestest bestie.
As the 4th year approached I reflected on ALL our years together. I thought about how much my life has changed and how much I have changed because of Garrett. I feel like he was this really cute boy on a magic carpet and he grabbed my hand and took me along. Kinda like Aladdin, except I was the street rat and GB's personality is a million times better than that annoying Aladdin. I have been so blessed to see so much of the world and experience so much life with him. In the 6 years we have been together we have been to a total of 4 continents, 13 countries, 61 cities, LIVED in Europe, moved to 3 different states, GB graduated from the top IMBA program in the nation, we bought a house, grew stronger from really tough lows, are loving stronger with two wee ones growing in my belly, and oh so much more! Its been the most magical 6 years of my life (including the 2 years of dating) I know they say the best is yet to come, but I can't imagine our relationship getting any better than it is right now. I am loving life with him and savoring these last precious weeks we have of just the two of us. I couldn't imagine a more perfect person to share this huge adventure with and I couldn't be more grateful for all the love and support he has and continues to give me. He has help me become a better person and I am thankful that as the years go by we find ourselves growing toward each other and not apart.
Thanks for good, the bad, and the magical GB! Love you
I love how much fun you guys have. I love how big you are, I love that you have 2 in there. Oh man I can't imagine. And you just stay down as much as you need-don't try to be tough, I did that too much, and my next pregnancy I'm pulling the pregnant card more.
ReplyDeleteThanks Brittany! I am loving how big my belly is getting too!
DeleteCongratulations and happy belated anniversary!
ReplyDelete