How much weight have I gained?
as of today 26 lbs.
Do I have an innie or outtie?
Still an innie, but its barely hanging on
Maternity clothes?
Only shirts so far. Thanks to leggings and Jeggings. Which are now my new best friends. Which is funny because before I was in need of stretchy pants I was super anti-jeggings. Too quick to judge I suppose.
I can still wear a few of my jeans as long as I rubber-band the button or wear a belly band. Not that clothes matter on bed rest anyway.
When am I due again?
Well when we found out it was twins the due date was Dec.10. Due to recent events, in the event that I can actually, by some miracle, keep them in that long (and I don't go bat poop crazy beforehand) the new date is Dec. 3. However, my OB feels like it will be week 34. So...the week of Nov. 12. Who knows really, to be honest, I could pop any second.
Cravings?
The last two months I have really craved water and slushies. I can't get enough of water and I keep a hospital cup by me at all times and go through 4 a day...which equals 112 oz. True story. The past few weeks I have been craving sausage and sauerkraut. And I always crave sweets. Mostly candy and cakes.
What do you do all day? (bed rest)
I mostly get my trash kicked by candy crush all day and wait for lives to fill up. That's what I do. On special days I wait for packages to arrive. Like today, I have been tracking my diaper bag like a hound dog. I knew it was coming today so I positioned myself on the couch so I could stare out the window and watch for it. I literally split my time between playing candy crush and staring out the window for hours. That's how pathetically bored I am sometimes. I have been really lucky though to have great friend who stop by to visit and bring me goodies. It's really nice. Since I am typing all this you can't tell that I type this with a smile on my face. I am a homebody at heart and its really not so bad just vegging and watching movies. I actually enjoy it more now that its cold and yucky outside. It's the sunshine that depresses me. Backwards I know, but I want to be out in the sun. I also have my appts. to look forward too. Every Tuesday and Friday we head over to Perinatal. AKA, our new family. and every other week I also go to the OB. I look forward to those days.
I think those are about all the things people seem to ask me. Oh wait. something else people mention is our pups and how they are going to react to the babes. Since a picture is worth a thousand words.....
Let's begin with Le Charles
If you can't tell from the pictures. He has developed a slight obsession with my belly. He loves to just come sit on my lap and rest his little head on the babies. It was super adorable, one day he has his head on me and one of the buds started to kick him. He stared at my belly for a second, then started to lick it like crazy. It was ridiculously adorable and I got a video. I think Garrett and I may lose him when these buds come. He is going to love them way more than us. I think I'm okay with that.
Chaunce De Leon
We have discovered recently that Chauncey actually LOVES babies. when our friends come with their babes he is very protective when they cry and gently tries to lick their faces. I love the following picture. We took it one night when we had just gotten the car seats. We had looked all over the house and couldn't find him. Garrett finally found him sitting in the nursery in the dark. He was just staring at the car seats. We could NOT get him to leave the room, or even look at us for that matter. I took some video and we decided to move the car seats to see what he would do. Garrett picked one up and carried it out and around upstairs and Chauncey followed it frantically. He kept trying to keep his nose on it. It was both hilarious and incredibly sweet.
He is definitely gonna be their little protector. He has always been a bit protective of me, but since I have become pregnant it's gotten bad. If anyone he doesn't know comes to the door, he flips and once they leave he then runs and sits on me and growls at the door. Yep these buds will always be safe with Chauncey.
Here are a few belly pictures just for funzies.
Let's begin with Le Charles
If you can't tell from the pictures. He has developed a slight obsession with my belly. He loves to just come sit on my lap and rest his little head on the babies. It was super adorable, one day he has his head on me and one of the buds started to kick him. He stared at my belly for a second, then started to lick it like crazy. It was ridiculously adorable and I got a video. I think Garrett and I may lose him when these buds come. He is going to love them way more than us. I think I'm okay with that.
Chaunce De Leon
We have discovered recently that Chauncey actually LOVES babies. when our friends come with their babes he is very protective when they cry and gently tries to lick their faces. I love the following picture. We took it one night when we had just gotten the car seats. We had looked all over the house and couldn't find him. Garrett finally found him sitting in the nursery in the dark. He was just staring at the car seats. We could NOT get him to leave the room, or even look at us for that matter. I took some video and we decided to move the car seats to see what he would do. Garrett picked one up and carried it out and around upstairs and Chauncey followed it frantically. He kept trying to keep his nose on it. It was both hilarious and incredibly sweet.
He is definitely gonna be their little protector. He has always been a bit protective of me, but since I have become pregnant it's gotten bad. If anyone he doesn't know comes to the door, he flips and once they leave he then runs and sits on me and growls at the door. Yep these buds will always be safe with Chauncey.
Here are a few belly pictures just for funzies.
That is all I have uploaded on the computer for now. I am currently 31 weeks and 6 days. 32 week tomorrow. I have to say I am quite pleased that I have kept them in there until now. 32 is a goal week for mothers of multiples. New goal is now 34 weeks. I can do it. I think.
In good baby news, Baby L has removed her little self off of my sciatic nerve! WOOWHOOO! I mean really, I wasn't sure I would live through that. I have also beat the anemia! Except, as soon as I got some energy I was placed on bed rest. Ummm, if you know me at all, you have a bit of an understanding how frustrating this is for me. I am incredibly OCD about my house being clean. I am learning patience that is for sure. Lucky for me, Garrett is pretty good at keeping up with things and I am really grateful for all his hard work and help. However he does have his moments. For example, when I got up to get some water I though to myself "What fresh hell is this?" I know it had been there for 4 days. Seriously folks. My hell will not be of fire and brimstone. Oh no, it will be jam packed with never ending dirty dishes, Giant dust bunnies. Dentists, and I will forever be suffocating in a huge pile of dirty laundry. Also I am sure spiders will be involved.
It may not look bad at all from these pics but trust me...the kitchen was gross. I can't even tell you the amount of self control it took for me to just sit there and not do anything about it. Its hard to feel good and not be able to do the things you want. To be honest, it's been really good for me. I am learning that it's okay to have a messy house. I mean I am about to have two babies who will constantly need me and cleaning my house will soon be a luxury and really, its not that important. Right?...well I think I am right, but we will see. Besides, will I even care or notice when I am so enchanted by all their itty bits? I think I won't care.
So how's my belly looking now? Huge, that's how it's looking. At least, I think so. I love that its growing and I love to watch it get big. Except at night in bed when I feel gimonsterous! Don't so much "love" that. Night time is when I am over being pregnant. Garrett has been telling me for a while that he thinks its crazy that from the back I don't look pregnant then when I turn around BAM, there's a belly. I didn't believe him so we took pictures last night to prove it.
In good baby news, Baby L has removed her little self off of my sciatic nerve! WOOWHOOO! I mean really, I wasn't sure I would live through that. I have also beat the anemia! Except, as soon as I got some energy I was placed on bed rest. Ummm, if you know me at all, you have a bit of an understanding how frustrating this is for me. I am incredibly OCD about my house being clean. I am learning patience that is for sure. Lucky for me, Garrett is pretty good at keeping up with things and I am really grateful for all his hard work and help. However he does have his moments. For example, when I got up to get some water I though to myself "What fresh hell is this?" I know it had been there for 4 days. Seriously folks. My hell will not be of fire and brimstone. Oh no, it will be jam packed with never ending dirty dishes, Giant dust bunnies. Dentists, and I will forever be suffocating in a huge pile of dirty laundry. Also I am sure spiders will be involved.
It may not look bad at all from these pics but trust me...the kitchen was gross. I can't even tell you the amount of self control it took for me to just sit there and not do anything about it. Its hard to feel good and not be able to do the things you want. To be honest, it's been really good for me. I am learning that it's okay to have a messy house. I mean I am about to have two babies who will constantly need me and cleaning my house will soon be a luxury and really, its not that important. Right?...well I think I am right, but we will see. Besides, will I even care or notice when I am so enchanted by all their itty bits? I think I won't care.
So how's my belly looking now? Huge, that's how it's looking. At least, I think so. I love that its growing and I love to watch it get big. Except at night in bed when I feel gimonsterous! Don't so much "love" that. Night time is when I am over being pregnant. Garrett has been telling me for a while that he thinks its crazy that from the back I don't look pregnant then when I turn around BAM, there's a belly. I didn't believe him so we took pictures last night to prove it.
*Side note. Aren't my sweat pants awesome? lol. I adore them and need like 50 more pairs since I live in them.
I guess he was right. Its so weird because when I am in the shower or just nakie in general, I don't feel like I have really gained any weight except for in my belly but when I put clothes on......I feel like I have gained 500 lbs. Oh the price we pay to bring miniature versions of ourselves into this world, So here I am 31 weeks 5 days. Hello Belly! I love it.
Despite all the discomforts of a growing belly (not being able to put on my own shoes, or paint my toes, or bend over at all) I am enjoying it. I can see almost all the babies movements and I love that they interact with me so well. Its a pretty special thing and even though I am just about done...I will miss it. As hard as it it some days, I try to keep in mind that I won't ever get this time back. I am blessed that Garrett works from home and can care for me. I am blessed that I have been given time to just rest before my world is turned upside down. I mean honestly when else in your life do you have an excuse to sit on the couch and fatten up (Thanksgiving Turkeys everywhere, I know how you feel) without a single care in the world? The answer is never. Never again in my life will I get this rest. I try to tell myself, I am gonna really wish I had a day to just lay on the couch an do nothing when two babies are screaming and I am so beyond tired I can't see straight. So here I am soaking it up...most days.
We go in to the perinatal, the place we now feel like we live, to see if my fella has grown. If he hasn't grown enough...its hospital stay for me. EWW. If that is the case, diaper bags is all packed and ready to go. Crazy. The babies are almost here...that is just Crazy.
thanks for the updates! i'm sure you get asked the same questions over and over so it was nice to read it and not harass you :-) you look amazing...cutest pregnant lady ever!! can't wait to meet those babes! miss you!
ReplyDelete