Saturday, July 3, 2010

Hooray for Dads



So during my 5 months of terror, I called up my dad crying and told him I needed to spend some quality time with him. Being the kind father he is, he said yes. So he asked me what I wanted to do, he even offered to take me to Hawaii! but..part of my "healing" process was releasing my inner child. What better place to be a kid again than DISNEYLAND! My dear daddy took time off work during a big international project, AND dropped everything during my families huge move to Texas. What a great dad. We had a total blast and it was just what I needed. We spent the first day at Magical Kingdom and thanks to the magical fast passes we got to ride Space Mountain 4 times, Splash mountain 2, Haunted Mansion 2, and Pirates 2!! We ate Turkey legs and I even got a yummy Mickey ice cram bar..MY FAV! It was a great day...I think the funniest part was watching a bird swoop down and literally rip this ladies turkey legs right from her hands and fly off...HILARIOUS! Here are a few of my favorite pics of that day...


mmm Turkey Leg


He makes me laugh






Day two we split between Animal Kingdom and Epcot. Let me just say on this day...I felt like I was on the surface of the sun. HOLY FRIGGIN HOT!!! But it was worth it...esp since my dad bought me a water fan friend. We went to Animal Kingdom first and that is where I fell in love. The second we stepped into Asia I knew this was going to be something special..and then...it happened. My eyes locked and the mystical mountain that lay before us...upon that sky scraping mountain...tracks. YEA baby...this sucker is a RIDE! HOLY AWESOME!!Everest had my at "pull your seats down" I easily could have ridden Everest ALL ....DAY....LONG! it was incredible.I was however disappointed in the "exotic animal" petting zoo...LAME-O. But the train ride there was pretty sweet, I did get to see a Mama elephant and her yiddle calf. We also went to Dinoland...I made a few friends there...and so did Dad. We rode a kiddy ride with some twins and he kept cracking them up...it was pretty cute. (by the way, don't you just L-O-V-E all my run on sentences) So yea Animal Kingdom was awesome. Africa was my favorite country there....oh one day I shall go and bring home a cute little black baby boy...one day. So then we headed to Epcot....ummm AWESOME! They didn't have the best rides...but I love studying other cultures (hence the anthropology major) it was soo well done and the fireworks at the end were spectacular! Here are my favorite moments from this day.

So excited for Everest!!!


and it is now currently BLOWING MY MIND




Its tough to be a bug









Thanks Dad for such a wonderful trip! It was great and I am so glad we got to spend extra time together :)

1 comment:

  1. Love this new blog layout--SO cute!! And I am soooo wanting to go to disney now that you posted those pics! It looks so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete