Tuesday, December 14, 2010

BAM baby

Well I did it. I got all caught up. Yay me. So its finally here..time to pack up our entire apartment and move it all into storage. Our house is almost completely naked. The last thing to go will be the Christmas tree. I am getting way excited for all the wonderful upcoming events. Its been a really stressful two weeks for Garrett with all his finals, papers, and working out all our final arrangements for Italy. The school was surprisingly disorganized with knowing about visas, sending out visas, where we will LIVE, contract with the partner Milano language school, basically they knew nothing until last week. But thank heavens it's worked out and is almost over. (wow run on sentence) 3 more days and it will be Christmas in GA, visit with the fam in TN, and ROMA! I can not believe we will be living in Italy in 2 weeks. Oh ps, I GOT APPROVED FOR A VISA. My very skilled hubs swung a deal to get me into the Accadamia di Italiano with him for half price. So I will get to take classes with him while I am there and earn credit..AWESOME!

I can't help but feel overwhelmingly blessed during this time of year. Christmas has been a little different this year since we have been so darn busy. However, we have had blessing after blessing pour over us. I am honestly not sure we deserve it, but hey, I'll take it. I am currently trying to decide if I should add our travels to this blog or start a separate travel blog. I eventually would like to make a book of our blog, but I also want a book strictly from our time living abroad so I am not sure if I want to hassle with trying to divide them or not. I dunno but everyone will be kept posted. Anyway, I am excited to spend the first week in Italy touring. We are starting in Rome

then heading down to the Amalfi Coast

And I believe heading to Florence ...(of course I am bad with facts so I could be mistaken on this one)

Before ending in Milan

The best part is that with Garrett's hotel discount its actually cheaper to stay in deluxe hotels than in hostels. SCORE baby. Well I better get back to the grin, still have a TON to do.

2 comments:

  1. I have come to leave a "dropping"... hahahaha Ok can u PLEASE tell me where the good places in Italy are!! im so excited you are going there!!!!!! Im so excited that it feels like ME going! ahh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I will totally tell you where the best romantic spots are since you are going for your honeymoon. Garrett did 2 different study abroads in Italy and said Rome was the most romantic...but I'll give you the ladies point of view lol

    ReplyDelete