So as soon as I got back from Utah I found out that my great grandmother passed away. She had been suffering for a few years from dementia and was unable to take care of herself so it was time. So I stayed in GA another week to attend the funeral with my family who would be driving up from Texas. It was a good time for my family (as heartless as that sounds) because we got to meet her other son and daughter as well as their children. It was a really good bonding experience for everyone. It was especially unique for me because I was actually able to help dress her for her coffin. After the initial shock of sitting up close and personal with Grama Lee's dead body it was actually extremely spiritual. I kept envisioning her returning to our Father in Heaven and the significance of our temple clothes. It made me realize that even though it's sad, it's beautiful too. Anyway, my sisters and I of course had fun together as we always do. We also felt like amazon women because everyone else in the family is short. Yea we completely stuck out, we of course did not mind.
TEXAS...
Yes Thanksgiving was spent in Texas this year due to my parents move. So I finally got to see the new mansion, oops I mean home my family had been living in for the past 5 months. Let me tell you driving to the new house from the airport was trippy. It felt so mega weird. Texas is definitely different from Georgia. I really liked the new house though and it didn't take long for me to adjust and for it to feel like home. I took over Sarah's room located in the west wing haha just kidding. I really couldn't get over how nice it was...I felt like the Jeffersons (movin' on up and all) Just kidding the house really isn't huge, just really nice and open.
I have to throw major props to my pops, our home theater room was PIMP! He built all the wall shelves along the the risers for the recliners AND the projector screen.
Skillz faja, skills. I had a blast with my siblings while the rents were in Maui. I flew out 9 days before Garrett so that I could help out with the Mitchel and Lindsey's school schedules since Miss Sarah is a full time workin' woman now. Yea my LITTLE sister has more money than me...shameful. Its funny how much alike AND different we all are at the same time. Love being home, its great to be with people who are just like you.
Of course the real party started when the rents got back, Garrett arrived, and the grandparents drove in. We had fun shopping on black Friday, watching movies, laughing..a LOT, eating till we busted
(traditional peeling of the deviled eggs)
and visiting San Antonio. I was surprised at how pretty the Alamo looked for being so old. I also really enjoyed the River Walk.
**Side note: isn't my sister just gorgeous?**
Unfortunately GB had to leave Sunday because of school but I stayed until Tuesday, so I got to help put up the Christmas Tree...which was nice since I won't be there to experience our first Christmas together in the new house. So my sisters and I had fun taking photos in my wedding dress. I wanted to see if I could still fit in it and Sarah wanted to try out photography.
So yes I was sad to leave Tuesday...oh wait my plane was canceled. Surprise, I am back lol. Yea my flight was canceled because of tornadoes in GA so I got an extra night. I spent it wisely going to see Tangled with the sibs. It was ADORABLE! even little Mitchey liked it.
Okay that catches me up to now! yay me. I am fully aware that these last few posts have been bland and lacking in my ...personality shall we say? I just have been swamped trying to get the apartment packed up and ready for Italy. So I vow this will be the last unanimated post :)
No comments:
Post a Comment