Saturday, October 22, 2011

Caro-me Away.....


This morning Garrett and I made our way up to Charlotte NC, to go to Carowinds. Carowinds is the Amusement park of the Carolina's (hence the name CAROwinds). Having grown up by six flags I wasn't sure how great it was going to be, but I LOVE roller coasters and had a hankering to ride one.

The verdict?

it. was. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was like a little girl in a Disney store. It had everything and the grounds were so pretty. Fall is DEFINITELY the time to go to coaster parks. We only had to wait in one line all day, yes ONE...its Saturday people.....SAT.UR.DAY. No one goes in October I guess and I don't understand why because the weather was superb.

Hey by the way, did you know that Garrett gets extremely motion sick very easy? Well, he does. Wanna know whats the fastest way to gross me out?? Vomit in front of me...I can seriously handle ANY bodily function except that. Well folks....today, GB did it...ON A COASTER. The name? The Hurler... appropriate? I think so. He blew chunks the second he buckled into that baby and had to get off before it even started. I had my eye on that crap the whole ride, thankfully I came out puke free...Can't say the same for the people behind me.

I ended up riding a few more rides alone so his belly could settle. Not as much fun alone but don't worry, i'm a trooper and I managed to have fun anyway :)

All and all it was a fabulous day... the only thing that could have made it better was doing the night fright...Scareowinds. The whole park was decked out like crazy and tempting me all day. Sigh, even with much pleading and begging I could not convince Garrett...maybe next year. Regardless, I had a blast.

Oh Carowinds...you make me soul happy. Here are some of the pictures from our day.

I am in TWO states at once..









No comments:

Post a Comment