Tuesday, January 31, 2012

ABC's

Attitude. Believe. Courage.

This is the message from the first presidency of my church this month. What a fantastic message to start my new year.

I read this message a few weeks ago and it really touched me...of course, like most things, I forgot all about it. Hence my previous disgusting post. yea...ooops. Oh well it was honest and honesty is....refreshing? right?

Hey I am human and no one is perfect and I needed to vent. Anyway, all is well, I have changed my attitude, decided to believe in myself, and gained a little courage.

We had our home teachers over tonight which I loved. I love having home teachers, I love that the message they share always seems to be just what I need, I love that they bring the spirit, and I love that they leave the spirit with us when they go.

Its awesome.

Tonight they shared the First Presidency message again, I needed to hear it again. I needed that reminder. Its beautiful and simple and just everything I need right now.

GB and I were talking today about how blessed we are. We talked about how sometimes we have rough days and complain about things, but really, we shouldn't because despite all the hard, we are so very blessed. And really, the hard is not as bad as it could be.

Life is good. I have been trying really hard to just let my worry and frustration go and just leave it to the lord. Because really, most of the things that I really worry about are completely out of my control. And the few things that are, I am doing my very best to change them, and I have faith that once I have done all I can do, the lord will take care of the rest.

Live an abundant life. That is the moral of the message. An abundant life, I have. I have a phenomenal husband who works his tush off to provide for me and our future little family. I have the gospel and the lord on my side. I have a happy home and tasty food and a warm bed. I have a sweet snugly pup who loves me unconditionally. I have been blessed with talents and gifts to enrich my life and help bless others. Not to mention all the wonderful family I have. I mean look at this really I could go on and on.

Despite my bad days, I have Joy, pure joy. Without the bad days, I don't think I could really appreciate the good ones as much as I do. Cause when my days are good, they are really good.

I encourage everyone to go here and read this. I promise you won't regret it. And maybe, just maybe, it might inspire you too.

http://www.lds.org/liahona/2012/01/living-the-abundant-life?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment