Monday, January 16, 2012

Today

Today does not give much promise for a decent week. I can't wait for January to be over, February will be better. February has to be better. January can cram it. 16 whole days left....

To have a better attitude I have been keeping a gratitude journal, I have literally been counting my blessings. Every single day I write down ten things I have grateful for pertaining to that day. Today, My mom was all ten of them.

I am so grateful today for a mom who understands me. Growing up my mom was not my friend. I pushed her away as much as possible. But the older I get the more I realize what a great friend she can be. I have never been afraid to tell my mom when I have done something wrong. I have always felt like I can go to her with any and every problem....big or small. I have always known that she loves me unconditionally and would never judge me. My mom gives fantastic advice, advice that I feel is divinely inspired. For someone who has struggled so much through out her life, she is incredibly strong and faithful. I am grateful for this every.single.day. I am grateful for her example of the Savior, no matter how bad life gets, she puts a smile on her face and pushes forward with complete faith that things will get better. Its hard to look on the bright side sometimes, but somehow my mother always does. I am grateful for my mother today, because today as she was lying in a hospital bed all alone, she managed to listen to my petty problems and make me feel better. Today, I am grateful for my mom, times ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment