
Over Christmas break I saw this adorable little Valentines mailbox on sale and I just had to get it. I thought to myself, "oh this will be perfect, I will stuff it full of sweet nothings to GB and give it to him on V-day. I, however, was not too sneaky. Having completely spaced about it I neglected to hide it upon arriving home from our trip, and GB found it. FAIL. So I just put it up as a little pathetic decoration until Valentines.
About 2 weeks ago I was having a really rough day and really not liking anything about myself. After listening to me go on and on my sweet husband gave me a hug and smiled and promised me he would show me all the things there were to love about me.
The next day, I noticed the flag on the mailbox was up, GB smiled and said, "I think you have mail." I saw a sweet little note that read, " you are creative"...
There has been a sweet note in my mailbox every single day since. Everyday it seems to be something that I need to hear (or read). I am beyond grateful for my husband. Sometimes I get frustrated about half empty coke cans that always seem to be around the house, Sometimes he drives me crazy when I have to ask 3 days in a row to take out the trash.....but really, what kind of complaints are those? I am so lucky I was able to trick him into marrying me. Everyday I get to spill my guts to the best listener I have ever known, Every night I get lie down next to someone who makes me laugh myself to sleep. Every day I get to share my life with my best friend. Every day, I am unbelievably spoiled with more love than I have ever known. GB is the very best and I can honestly say, I can NOT imagine being with anyone else..ever. So for all my little missteps and failures, it doesn't really matter...because with him, I already have a big ginormous WIN.
No comments:
Post a Comment