Monday, August 16, 2010

Just the way I am

So today, was a bad day. We all have them, they are a part of life. To be honest, I had zero reason to have a bad day. It was just one of those feel sorry for myself days. I mostly just felt super ugly. Hate those days...they are the worst, because no matter how many times Garrett tells me I am the most beautiful girl in the world...it doesn't change how I feel. Its a girl thing I guess, I am pretty sure we all have those days. Anyway, I decided it was finally time to drag myself off the couch and go get groceries. As I was driving I was just in a super pissy mood and getting super bad road rage. It seems like whenever I am "having a day" no one knows how to drive..thankfully noticing this horrible attitude, I said a quiet little prayer to help calm me down.I took a deep breath and turned up the radio and heard "Just the way you are" by Bruno Mars. I had never heard this song before but as I listened to the words, the spirit touched my heart and a little voice inside my head whispered "I love you just the way you are". As cliche' as it sounds, the lord looks on what is inside us to determine our beauty. And if the lord thinks I am beautiful, then I should start trying to see what he sees. I began to cry as I realized that the extra 5 pounds I put, my pale pale skin, and whatever else I didn't like about my looks, didn't really matter. I guess its just super important to love who we are inside and not worry about the little imperfections.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, sister! See... this is what happens... I get on to post myself and then I end up reading everyone elses!!!! :) PS... I love you just the way you are too! :)

    ReplyDelete