Wednesday, August 25, 2010

One Year Down!

Welp, now that the Mr. finally has his beloved egg sandwich, I can blog....
Garrett and I celebrated our first Anniversary and it was FABULOUS!!! We started it off Friday by going to the temple to do an endowment session. You can never go wrong with going to the temple with your spouse...its always special. On the way back we decided we were hungry and wanted something inexpensive..so we saw a Waffle House and thought..MMM that looks nummy. After we ordered we realized that last year, after I took my own endowments out, we ate the waffle house. We decided to make this a tradition. Endowment session followed by Waffle House. We had a great friday night and really enjoyed each others company.
Saturday we originally planned to go to Charleston, but woke up too late to make the trip. This actually worked out well since we are most likely going over labor day with the family. Anyway, we decided to go to the ZOO! Okay so the Columbia Zoo is GLORIOUS! We seriously had a blast, regardless of the vengeful heat. Here are a few of my favorite pictures!


This was the Kangaroo walk about where you got to go INSIDE the kangaroo area and be with them....it was awesome

Olliphants!

He loves Turtles...I can't believe we could pet them

There are SHARKS in this tank!

see told you..Blasted Shark..I shall eat you some day



They also have Botanical Gardens at the zoo which are ranked in the top 20 in the nation. They were beautiful.

Here is Garrett and I after he "re-proposed"..yes it may seem super cheesy I guess, but I love having cheesy in my life. besides, it was SO adorable, he got down on one knee in this little gazebo and sweet talked me...again. I am such a sucker ;) He decided to make this a tradition and propose again every year..I am such a lucky girl


So we were starving after the zoo and decided to eat after. We stopped at Yesterday's Tavern for some GOOOOD eatin'. I was so excited to see that they had BLACK TIP SHARK on their specials menu! I have always wanted to try shark...I really couldn't believe how cheap it was. The best part was that is was SOOOO delectable. I was very pleasantly surprised. It was like steak but light...mmm.
Told ya I'd get ya sharky!

We ended our anniversary by going to the Nickelodeon down town. It was such a neat theater. Definitely a good find.
We really had such a great Anniversary and we can't believe its already been a year. It really has flown by. But I guess that is a good thing, if it was a long year that wouldn't be too good :) I remember people telling me that the first year is the hardest, if that is true then this marriage thing is gonna be a breeze haha. I love being married to Garrett, I always have someone I can be silly with, someone who understands me, and someone to share the load with. Life is great and we are so very happy and still so in love. Marriage is great...I am not sure how I ever lived without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment