When GB and I were first going through all the cool places in Italy we were going to visit he informed me that Florence was every girls favorite place in Italy. He told me it was neat but he didn't understand why it was the favorite. After looking at a few of his pictures I agreed. Silly,silly, naive me. Little did I know that I would also fall into that "every girl" category. Foolish to think I was above it, I know, sometimes I just like to pretend I am special. Sorta like how I was in denial about Twilight for so long. Like I said, foolish. Okay, focus, back to Florence. Anyway, upon arrival I was floored. I think my jaw may have even dropped. Yes, I get it. I understand. Florence is a fairyland. I felt like I had stepped off the train and into the 1700s. AWESOMENESS.
I esp. loved the Florence Duomo, it has been my favorite so far. I know I live in Milan, home of the most grand Duomo in all of Italy. Shocking I know, but its how I feel. Its so pretty with its faint pink and green lines and its scaffoldings of grandure.
Once inside I discovered it had an archeological area in the basement you could tour if you paid extra. I of course insisted upon this. It was PIMP! I even got to see hundred year old SKULLS. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
We originally planned on climbing to the top of the duomo but it was rather spendy, so we decided to climb the tower instead, which if you ask me is cooler anyway.
Oh yes, I climbed THIS bad boy!...almost ALL the steps too
This is the point at which I daydreamed about being a princess..for about 5 whole minutes I really thought it was true...Sarah, you understand :) This is also where I one thousand percent understood every girls fascination and love for this city. Its incredibly mid-evil feeling
Oh yes, this is my land, all of this is my dominion, all hail Queen of Sheba! or Florence rather
We walked towards the canal and stumbled upon tons of statues and one of he Davids. Very cool.
Loved the canal. I also had my first Kiwi on a stick...MMM it was oh so delish!
Being the girl that I am, I of course indulged in the local leather market. I didn't purchase anything leather but I did buy a beautiful scarf...I heart it! We walked up and down that bad boy at least 3 times! Sorry to busy looking to stop for pics of it.
I did lose my scarf there, but that's okay, I got a new one. I love you Florence
Holy Cow! Florence is gorgeous. Definitely on my must see list now! Thank you for sharing the lovely photographs! When did ya'll move to Italy? I'm so jealous! I have a friend serving in the Milan mission right now. And I dated an Italian. Pretty fun stuff.
ReplyDelete