Since I am stuck at home and under the weather, I may as well catch up this blog. I have a LOT of catching up to do. Hopefully, with deactivating facebook I will be better at keeping this sucker up.
Possitano~
For GB's birthday, he wanted to go to his favorite place in the world..Possitano. It was a super fun weekend. We stayed at the Crown Plaza a few cities up in the Mts. It was awesome. If you stood on our balcony and looked to the right you could see Mt. Vesuvius. it was unbelievably gorgeous. I loved our hotel room. My favorite part was the shower. The shower head came straight down from the very center of the tub and you could adjust the pressure with a nob. It felt like rain and it was magnificent!!! Pretty sure I took FULL advantage of that bad boy!!! Sadly, I forgot to take a picture of the little beauty but rest assured that when we build our own house, we shall have our very own.
I really liked the more southern part of Italy. I was shocked at the difference between the North and South. The people in the south look a different. They have darker skin and more prominent features. They are beautiful people. I will say that it was a bit more dirty and not very well kept up, but the food was heavenly and the people were incredibly friendly. It really reminded me of the south back home. I guess some things are the same all around the world.
Garrett and I arrived late at night so we couldn't head over until the morning. We took a bus to a city mid way to Positano and ended up having to hop onto another one to actually get there. It was really funny because we ended up on a bus with ALL high school age kids. They must have been all coming home from school. We felt so old. It was an interesting ride to say the least but it was also beautiful. It reminded me of a mediterranean Napali coast. (Napali still being my personal favorite) It was still amazing none the less. When we finally made it to Positano it was a little dead. It was a really cool town but not my personal favorite. While Garrett went nuts taking pictures I planted myself on the beach and began my quest for sea glass. There was an abundance. Since no other tourists were around I got ALL the sea glass my heart desired. My favorite thing however, was Pemi.
Pemi was this adorable Welsh Corgy who decided to become our friends. I named him Pemi but have since forgotten why. We fed him lunch scraps and he followed us all over and helped us look for sea glass.
After we left Positano we once again had to stop in an in-between city. We were hungry and decided to catch some grub. We ate dinner at this quaint little restraunt right on the river. I got the most delectable Tomato soup and GB got his favorite, Pasta Carbonara. After dinner we stopped at a music box shop and got GB his birthday gift. A hand carved music box. He also got a 4 euro grey skinny tie. He was a happy little birthday boy! It was a fantastic little trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment