This post comes with a disclaimer:
If you are in any way jealous of me living here and do not wish to read my whining then this post is not for you.
Moving On
I know, I absolutely nuts, ungrateful, a brat...yes all of the listed apply. Actually no, I am grateful, EXTREMELY grateful. I have been so blessed to have this unbelievable experience to live abroad and completely be submerged in something so foreign and beautiful. It truly is a remarkable place and I have genuinely enjoyed every minute of it. But I am sickly and have been the past few days. I am not sure about everyone else, but when I am physically sick, it affects my mentality. I am so homesick I can barely stand it. I think its mostly because I just don't feel well, and when you don't feel well, you want to be home. While I adore it here, its not my home.
I have never been a "social butterfly" I don't need to be surrounded by tons of friends. I was always more comfortable with having a handful of really great friends and surrounding myself around family. Right now, I really miss my family. In the words of Micheal Buble...
"Another airplane, another sunny place, Im lucky I know...but I wanna go home"
Hate me if you must ...but its honest. I miss my family so much I could ball my eyes out. I have been really bad about calling home often, but to be honest it makes it worse. I miss home so much more when I call :( Which is also partly why I have decided to delete my Facebook. I need to really focus on my life here and not worry about what I think I may be missing out on back home. I am pretty sure its just because I am sickly and in a few days ill be back to normal, but for today, this is what I am working with.
Don't get me wrong, I am happy and I am so in love with my life, but the people I love are why I love my life so much and I miss them. Anyway, I am crazy and out of my mind and I know you are all thinking, frig Ill switch places with you. Don't worry I'll be back to normal in a day or two. I mean heck, everyone is allowed a little crazy every once in awhile right? In the meantime, to all of my loves at home (parents,siblings,grandparents,cousins,aunts,uncles,and besties included) know how much you are missed by me and how much I love you.
Friday, March 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey lady... Sorry to hear you are sick and homesick! I dropped Jermey off this morning and drove by "your house" on the way home and thought... I wish Meagan was here... We could go get pedicures today! Don't ask me about the logic behind that... I have no explanation other than I miss you and I DESPERATELY want to get my nails done! :) Anyway, you are being missed and loved here in good ole P-town. Hang in there chica, the clouds will part and the sun will shine once more! Sending you lots of love and happy vibes from Happy Valley! Jess
ReplyDeleteOh my feet are screaming for a pedicure!! You probly heard then and thats why you thought of it :) I miss my Jessimica!! Thank you so much for your sweet comment. It made me smile. Youre so fantastic
ReplyDelete