Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Women

Today is National Women's Day here in Italy. Don't you just LOVE this country? Here all the museums are letting women in for free and selling traditional yellow Mimosa flowers (which happen to be my favorite) My sweet husband came home with my very own bouquet of these since I had been having a rough few days. Whats even sweeter is that he had NO idea why everyone was selling these flowers or that is was womens day until after he had given them to me.

Since I am living in Italy,its traditions are now mine. I would like to take some time to recognize some phenomenal women in my life. My mom, my step-mom, my mother in law, my grandmas, and a few of my aunts.

These women are the most unbelievable people. Each of these women are strong in their own way and have offered me something different to enrich my life. I am so blessed to have them all in my life and be able to learn from their great examples. I know that because of each of these magnificent women, when the time comes I will be a great mother because they have shown me how.

I also would like to say how grateful I am that I have been shown what it means to be a woman. I see the world today and I feel so sorry for all girls who are lost, confused or unsure about who they are. I know that I am a daughter of god and is it my duty as a woman to make this world a better place by grace and love. I know that beauty comes from within (even though I sometimes forget) and that the world does not determine my worth, but god does. I am grateful to be able to one day be a mother and to carry within me a child and to be able to have the experience of growing a tiny spirit within me.

To all the beautiful women in my life, thank you for all you have done and continue to do for me. I love you and I appreciate you

4 comments:

  1. Hey lady! It's actually INTERNATIONAL Women's Day! Awesome, huh? :) I was so happy to read your "Me" post... and then sad to read your "Roller Coaster" post... I still have the post-it you gave me with a bag of Tootsie Pops that read, "Your bad day can SUCK IT!". :) If I was there I'd give you a bag of trail mix with a note that says, "Your bad days can go take a hike!" :) Happy Women's Day! Hope it's a GOOD day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha You are awesome! I love you and I miss your sunshine in my life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope today is a FABULOUS day! PS... I've been meaning to have you pass on a message to your husband... My parents have been staying with us while the finishing touches on their house are being done and my dad has fallen in love with watching all the movies that Garrett put on our harddrive. Every night my dad says, "Why don't we go watch a movie... there are SO many I saw on there that I want to watch." :) So my dad's addicted to your movie collection. :) Thanks for sharing! :) Now we need you guys to come back and visit and update our collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol... when I first read that comment I thought... hmm... Garrett's into talking in 3rd person again... ;) LOl... Just to repeat AGAIN... I'm SOOOOO sorry I couldn't talk yesterday! Have so much fun with the parental units! :) Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete