Well the rents arrived bright an early at 830 and it was time to P.A.R.T.Y. We decided to kind of take it easy today since the rents would be suffering from some serious jet lag. We started the day touring Zurich old town. We saw some cool shops and old churches. We decided to grab some grub at the Coop. PS. did you know Switzerland is RIDONCULOUSLY expensive? Our beloved kebab that costs a mere 2.50 E costs 10.50 francs here. Like I said, ridonculous. So we made our own sandwiches from grocery store bread and meat and headed on our way.
Our next stop of the day was to a little town called Schaffhausen to see the Rhine River. I LOVED this town. It was quaint and beautiful.
I thought this was cute because (for those who don't know) GB always calls me cheesy, or cheeseMrgrr. ;)
As for the Rhine River, It. was. SPECTACULAR!!! absolutely amazing. It was pretty expensive to get to but well worth the money. As your climbed down there were about 4 show points and each one got closer and closer to the rapids. With each descend you can see more clearly the power and force of the river. It was unbelievable.
After the river we hit up a local market where I proceeded to have the most delicious bratwurst known to man. We also got a soft pretzel and a hazel-nut bread stick thing, which was basically heaven.
We hit the hotel early cause we were pretty beat and wanted to rest for our long day tomorrow...Lucerne! I am SO glad they are here. We are gonna have a BLAST and I can't wait.
Highlights of the day..
1: Finding THIS snail.
2: Realizing one stop away from our drop off on the bus that I had left my brand new purse (containing our BRAND new camera) had been left on the bench on at the bus stop. My sweet husband had no clue how far it was and began to run while we waited for a bus. We sadly passed him and beat him there. Thank GOODness it was still there, seeing as how that was probably grounds for divorce. Lucky for me some very kind old men were watching it for me when I got back. :) PS GB looked pretty dang.extractive running up that hill. We can all laugh about it now.
No comments:
Post a Comment