welp, we just wrapped up adventurous day #2! We took an early morning train depsite our exhaustion. It. Was. Worth IT!!! Once we arrived in Luzern (Lucern) we began our trek to get to Mt. Pilatus. This was esp. exciting for me because I had been when I was in high school but sadly only got one picture because I was young and ignorant. Sadly the boat and tram were closed until May so we took the Ski lift instead. The view was breathtaking and we even got to watch some para-gliders take off. Lucky fellas. We really really enjoyed this view..only slightly more than the birds..but thats to come later.
Once we got back down about half the day was gone and we were STARVING! so we once again hit up the trusty Coop for some sandwiches and fruit. We ate lunch by the river and it was quit pleasant. I dare say I would eat there again. After lunch we headed over to a local market and searched for a cow bell to purchase. Once a bell was bought, we headed over to see the famous monument of "The Dying Lion". It was very pitiful and sad. :(
After watching the poor Lion Die we, we mosied our way back to the train station. But not before checking out a sweet old time bridge.
Highlights of the day
1: Finding THIS Yodeling group!
2: Feeding the CRAZY crows at the top of Pilatus. Seriously they were NUTS! They pretty much attacked Paps when we stopped to snack on some Granola bars. THEN, my husband thought it would be funny to toss some crumbs toward my face and one bird FLEW INTO ME! I mean literally RIGHT into my flippen face. I nearly had a heart attack. It was great fun with those crazy birdies.
I really enjoyed Lucern. It was a LOT bigger than I expected and it had some incredible views. With Switzerland down, tomorrow we head for Austria. YEA BABY!
No comments:
Post a Comment