Sunday, April 24, 2011

Naughty Bunny

Happy Easter everyone. That blasted bunny was a no show this year :( DOUBLE THUMBS WAAAAAY DOWN you naughty rabbit. Oh how I miss the days when my mommy would paint white bunny feet on our door. No candy and no family, definitely a different Easter this year. Lucky for us,we still have the very best part of easter. The beautiful gift of the Savior. GB and I have made a habit of going to the park everyday and reading while we soak up the sun and beautiful atmosphere.Its my new favorite thing. I love marveling at the beautiful world around me. I will never get over all the amazing things the lord created. During my reading on Friday I happened to reach 3rd Nephi:11, where Christ appears to the Nephites. I thought this to be especially appropriate for Easter Sunday and I didn't plan it at all. I LOVE 3rd Nephi. Its my favorite of all the books in the Book of Mormon. As I read I really tried to picture being there. I wondered what it must have been to sit at the feet of Christ and listen to his council. I wonder what great love they must have felt for him as they felt his hands and feet. I have to say, I was a bit envious as I read. The sacrifice he made is incomprehensible to me. I am so grateful for the life he led and example he was to me. I am grateful for his atoning death and resurrection.I can not think of a more beautiful gift than that of everlasting life. To be blessed with the knowledge and comfort that after this life, I will once again be reunited with my God and loved ones who have passed on, is the very greatest blessing. Its waaaayyyy better than any chocolate ;) I love my savior deeply and I am beyond grateful for him. I know that Jesus Christ was so much more than a kind man or simply a good example, he is my brother, my savior, and the son of God. I owe him everything. I hope all our family and friends are having a wonderful, warm and fuzzied filled Easter....and eating enough sweets to cover both me and GB

Just because sharing is caring.....and I care :)

No comments:

Post a Comment