Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Munchen Baby

I neglected to blog about the last leg of our trip with the Rents. OOPS!
Munich-
I LOVE Munich. I love the culture and feel of the city. I think I was the only one who really loved it. But it could also be because I have good memories from the first time I went. We spent the first day just wandering around and checking out down town. We had dinner at the Haufbrauhause. Which is where Hitler began the Nazi party and held all this meetings. This place was SICK! Not only was dinner cheap, authentic, and delicious, but they had a band playing German folk music. People everywhere were dressed up like there were from Bavaria in the 1800s, JUST FOR FUN! After spending 3 days in the city I noticed it was just how they dressed every now and then. I ate it up. We also got our drinks in giant beer mugs. It was magic!




The second day we headed up to the castles of King Ludwig. Spectacular of course. Unfortunately you weren't allowed to get pictures inside. I did however, get to ride a horse carriage up to Neuschwanstein. Too bad there was a couple sitting right in front of me and Mamsi who were confused and thought there were in their hotel with the door locked. SICK!










The third day we walked around the markets and took a nap in a beautiful park. We were lazy this day and just took our sweet time looking for souvenirs. We ended the trip with dinner at the HB again.






We were really grateful we got to have this experience with GB's parents. It was great and magical and we will never forget it. Thanks Mamsi and Papsi! We LOVED seeing the world with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment