Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 4- MMM MMM Good

Day 4- MMM MMM Good
Today we arrived in Salzburg. I was really excited because from I remembered of it from high school it was one of my favorite places. Unfortunately when we arrived the weather was horrible. It was rainy, wet, and cold. Not only was the weather bad, but the main attraction, the Eagles Nest, is closed. It doesn’t open until the summer months which will not begin until May 1st. Bummer.
However, being the incredibly awesome people we are, we devised another plan and forged on into the rain. Even with poor weather Salzburg was still lovely. We visited Mozart’s birthplace and got to learn a lot of history, which Mamsi and I really love. It was really interesting to learn a little bit about what life was like so long ago. To me it seemed elegant and sophisticated. You were not allowed to take pictures inside but, Mamsi being the deviant that she is took one anyway.

After Mozart’s house we ventured out to find my favorite church in Europe and the horse fountain from the Sound of Music’s opening scene. I was really really excited to be there with GB. It is pretty special for me to be able to have this wonderful memories of these beautiful places and then get to share them with my love. The church was even more beautiful than I remember. Bonus* this time I got to take a picture inside it. Last time mass was being held so I wasn’t allowed.







After a short break we strolled around and found a cool cemetery. We had hoped to make it up to the fortress but the tram was closed and the weather was far too nasty to climb. I’ll admit I was really disappointed in the weather and it made me grumpy. So we decided to call it a day in hopes that tomorrow will be more inviting.


For dinner we hit up one of the restraunts located inside the hotel. It was such a wonderful little place. You didn’t feel like you were in a hotel at all. It was renovated to look like a typical Austrian pub. I LOVED it! Edil Weise was everywhere. It was beautiful. Not to mention the delicious food! We all got Austrian specialties that were melt in your mouth. Since the prices were good to begin with AND we had Garrett’s 50 percent off employee discount we also each got our own Apple Struddle. I can still taste it…MMMMM. Sadly, we did not bring a camera to take pictures :(
We ended the evening laughing and enjoying each others company in the rents hotel room until Paps kicked us out. He couldn’t take my teasing anymore ;) For a day that started out a little rough, it ended FANTASTICALLY
Highlights:
1:Waking up to THIS...yes its from my previous highlight from yesterday. I can now laugh along with everyone else who almost wet themselves the night before.

2: Finding this delectable street side dish….scrum-didle-E-umpcious

3: Finding this small old school bakery powered by a water wheel. It made the most delicious sweet rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment